Saturday, November 27, 2010

Xray Results: Puppy Count

November 26, 2010: We decided to have Gracie xrayed today to see how many puppies are in her little belly. My predictions were two puppies because she seems awfully small in the abdomen area and I could only feel movement in two distinct spots. However, our vet (who, along with the rest of the staff, is super!!!) says that I was likely just feeling the horns of the uterus moving on either side because.........we are expecting FIVE puppies within the next few days!!! I sat in the waiting room eavesdropping and I could hear the two vets counting, "...two, definitely three, there's the fourth." And when they invited me in to view the xray they showed me a fifth puppy hidden up in her rib cage.

I've noticed a considerable change in Gracie. She has slowed down, she is being more cautious, and believe it or not, she is not overly interested in retrieving at the moment. Gracie has always been a very sweet cuddly dog but she is now requesting cuddles, belly rubs and massages. She actually seems quite content and happy!

_____________________________

Puppy Inquiries: We are now accepting puppy inquiries. Please feel free to email me: rls6118@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment